The source file is in the Intranet. Any change made to this page will be overwritten by the update from Intranet.
The Rolling River School Division Board of Trustees believes that the affairs of the School Division are to be governed by the Committee of the Whole. However, there is occasion when prior work by a committee, in an advisory function to the Board, will help facilitate effective operation of the Board. To that end the Board of Trustees will have the following Standing Committees:
Personnel / Negotiations Committee
Members: Trustee Cameron, Trustee Maduke (Chair), Trustee Marshall, and Trustee Blackbird
The purpose of the Personnel / Negotiations Committee is:
- To be current on personnel, Labour Relations and Collective Bargaining issues for the purpose of participating in and recommending the development and revision of personnel, negotiations and labour relations policies to the Board.
- As requested by the Board, to study and provide recommendation to the Board on personnel issues and non-unionized support staff employee salaries and benefits.
- To monitor the implementation and maintenance of performance evaluation policy in the Division.
- To review and provide recommendation to the Board on the Division’s organizational and job structure, job descriptions and employment practices.
- To meet with and provide recommendation on proposals provided by the NonUnionized Support Staff Liaison Committee representatives.
- To study and conduct Collective Bargaining with Unionized employee groups on behalf of the Board and recommend negotiated settlements to the Board
Policy Review Committee
Members: Trustee Livingstone, Trustee Black, Trustee Erickson, and Trustee Maduke
To be current on policy issues for the purpose of conducting a review of policies a minimum of five years from approval and to recommend to the Board the deletion, re-affirmation or review of policies.
To develop new policy or review and develop for presentation to the Board proposed revision of policy development or revision to other Standing or Ad-Hoc
The Board has also established the following additional committees:
Minnedosa Archives Committee
Members: Trustee Gilleshammer
Recreation Commission Committee
Members: Trustee McFarlane (Rivers) and Trustee Sotas-Burton (Minnedosa)