Adult Learning Center

               We have a NEW location and New evening hours,
                                                 please see below.

How to Apply

The Minnedosa Adult Learning Centre is operated by the Rolling River School Division, and is funded in partnership with Adult Learning and Literacy.  It is located in south-western Manitoba.

Application forms are available upon request. The forms are available at the Adult Learning Centre located at the Minnedosa Collegiate, 74 Armitage Ave, Room #2, Minnedosa, Manitoba.

A registration fee is not required to accompany the completed application form because the registration is free.

Interested students can call Val Gawel at 204 867-2519 or send an email to [email protected] to arrange an interview prior to applying to discuss career goals and possible course selections. A "Learning Plan" can be developed at that time.



Q When can I start?

Students can start any time through the school year. The Centre has a flexible intake policy.

Q What are the costs?

There are no other costs associated with taking regular courses.

Q How long does it take to get a credit?

Typical credits require about 110 classroom hours . If a student attends everyday it is not uncommon to get a credit in 4-5 weeks, but some students might take longer depending upon their life circumstances.

Q When is the Centre open?

The Centre is open the following days and times:

Monday - 9:00am - 12:00 pm (noon)
                  - 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
                  6:00 pm - 8:30 pm            

Tuesday - 9:00 am - 12:00 pm (noon)
                  - 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Wednesday - 9:00 am - 12:00 pm (noon)
                          - 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
                          - 6:00 pm - 8:30 pm

Thursday - 9:00 am - 12:00 pm (noon)
                     - 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm 



Q Do I have to be there everyday?

Students are encouraged to maintain regular attendance; however, we realize that there are situations in an adult's life that require an absence from the centre . Success is directly dependant on regular attendance.

Q What is the difference between a Mature Student High School Diploma, and a Regular Diploma?

The Mature Student High School Diploma was designed for adults, and doesn't require as many credits to complete. This makes it more attainable for adults. The MSHSD requires a minimum of eight credits, and the regular diploma requires a minimum of thirty credits. Both are recognized by post secondary education institutions, and by employers as diplomas.

Out of the minimum of eight credits, four credits have to be at the grade 12 level. One of the grade 12 credits has to be a grade 12 English, and one has to be a grade 12 mathematics.

With a Mature Student High School Diploma you can count previous credits earned towards the minimum of eight credits required. This means that if you already have one high school credit at the grade 12 level, you would need three credits to graduate. If you have two grade 12 credits, you would need two credits to graduate. If you have three grade 12 credits, you may need just one credit to graduate, depending upon whether or not you have the required grade 12 English and mathematics credits.

So, getting the Mature Student High School Diploma might not be as big a task to achieve as once thought.